We've learned a few things in Iowa:
-Dirty old men are dirty old men. I made the mistake of asking this guy why he had a bone on the top of his helmet. Turns out, he is from "Team Boned." Next thing I know I got a bear hug and sticker from these two.
-It's a small world. I met Sue and Mark from Venice. He is a chef at Sharkey's on the Pier. Their riding for Team Livestrong. Word on the street is that Lance will be here for a day.
Then today, I saw Alice who is riding for "People for Trees." My aunt Laura told me about her before we left for the trip, so I emailed her. I said hi to briefly on a climb today. But, I couldn't stop. It was all I could do to make it to the top.
-Iowa ISN'T flat! and it is really hot!
2 comments:
hey guys...faboulous photos....and blog...glad you were not blown away to "the Wis of Oz" riding along with Dorthy, during the storm....lots of love to you both...and hope for a cloudy day for you...Love Mom
Hey loves.........just love this blog......feel like we are riding along with you without the body effects..wish I was there with you...you can ride with pride.,love you,moms
Post a Comment